Top Tips to Survive Christmas
Posted on 24/12/2013 by Webmaster
Top Tips for Christmas
Christmas can be a stressful time
The top tips to survive and thrive this Christmas season include:
- Have realistic expectations of yourself – Only do things you know you are capable of.
- Don’t get overloaded by a busy Christmas schedule - prioritise and know that less is more
- Don’t try to do it all on Christmas Day - spread your jobs out over a few days
- Try to work together with family and friends, more hands make light work
- Show appreciation to those who have helped out.
- If you are alone, make a plan to do something you enjoy or get together with friends
- Budget well and plan ahead
- Find even a small amount of time everyday to just “chill out and relax”
- Get enough sleep: Chronic sleep deprivation can affect your mood which can be a key factor in raising stress levels
- Limit your intake of alcohol
- Eat healthy: Cut back on stimulants like caffeine and sugar
- SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP IF YOU NEED IT: If you feel that depression is getting the better of you, there are lots of people that can help.