Autumnal Recipe Suggestion
For a healthy autumnal supper that is easy and quick to make, try this recipe. The recipe includes healthy salmon, broccoli and pasta.
Creamy Salmon Pasta
This recipe serves 4 people and takes approximately 20 minutes to prepare.
300g of Penne or Rigatoni Pasta (whole wheat varieties available)
350g of Broccoli, cut into small florets
300g of boneless, skinless salmon fillets (about 2 fillets)
150g pack of soft cheese with garlic and herbs (Philadelphia Light option to reduce calories)
142ml carton of single cream
2 tablespoons of sun-dried tomato paste/puree
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Add the Broccoli to the water for the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Put the salmon fillets in a frying pan, season and just cover with water.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 6 minutes until the flesh flakes easily with a fork. Using a slotted spoon transfer to a warm plate.
- Mix the soft cheese with the cream and the tomato paste to make a smooth sauce, season to taste.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli, then tip back into the pan.
- Pour in the sauce and stir well.
- Flake the salmon into large chunks and gently mix into the pasta.
- Transfer to a warm serving bowl and season with black pepper before serving.
Per serving 586 calories, protein 33g, carbohydrate 61g, fat 25g, saturated fat 6g, fibre 5g, added sugar none, salt 0.53g
For a simple dessert how about stewing a Bramley apple, adding some seasonal blackberries and topping with custard for a weekend treat.